Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When you were brand new to camp . . .

Recently, I asked some of our instructors at our Candler Park & Decatur location about the memory/feeling that stands out the most from when they were campers.  Can you relate to their answers?  


Other than how hard it was, i remember how proud i was when i met my goals or finally accomplished something i thought i couldn't do. Becca S.


I remember being so sore and taking lots of aspirin.  Also I remember feeling duped when I found out it was 5:45am instead of 6am.  I don't think I would've signed up for 5:45am (good job Tim for not telling me that part!)  The best part was the upper body strength that I had.  Kristine S.


living off of advil and epsom salt baths & runnning my first mile without stopping at my first final PT test. Bridget S.


I remember sitting with Wesley and the thunder and lighting behind me in Candler park listening to the other new campers talk about the marathons they had just run and wanting to raise my hand and let Wesley know that I was in the wrong group!  I thought I would never survive.  Thank goodness Becca arrived the next day, burped and run my first mile with me!  Shannon E.


The feeling that I needed to barf a lot and being sore all the time Erich N.


I didn't speak to anyone for the entire first month.  My goal was to make it up the candler park hill (on our run back to ML) without stopping.  Altitude Adjustment made me cry (JoJo was a guest instructor--figures) and the look on Lee's face when I started to cry..LOL!  Then showing up to graduation party and everyone telling me how great I looked---how good it felt that they could tell a difference in me.  Lydia S. 


My legs felt like rubber after running up the Candler Park hill ONCE during a "Bring a Friend" day. now i look forward to hills. blammo.  Darrell S.


I always thought  that I pushed myself in my workouts, but realizing that my body could do more than I thought.  Brenda L.


In my first month, it was nervously anticipating the next daily workout.  Each morning, I would think to myself ,"I wonder what in the heck they are going to make us do today, and will I be able to get through it?"  Stephen U. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers