Monday, February 14, 2011

Kitchen Sink Salad from Everyday Paleo


A FUN Salad
Recipe  taken from Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso

One thing I love about eating paleo; as long as you have some protein, veggies and some good fats anything is possible!  For lunch yesterday I threw together a salad that was tons more fun than the standard lettuce and chicken.  It was a “kitchen sink salad” of sorts, I tossed together everything in the kitchen but the kitchen sink! Below is what I put in my version and I’m sorry that some of the measurements are not spot on but that is what will make this recipe your own!  Get creative and let me know what YOU come up with!
The Kitchen Sink Salad
4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
4 hard boiled eggs, cooled and diced
1/2 head of purple cabbage, diced
1 English cucumber, diced
1/2 head broccoli, finely chopped
Handful of sliced almonds
1/4 cup of flat leaf Italian parsley, diced
Lots of olive oil
Splash of balsamic
Squirt of spicy brown mustard
A few shakes of dried dill
Lots of black pepper
A bit of sea salt
Toss all ingredients together and eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers