Monday, March 12, 2012

Mexican Chicken Soup a la Gilbert-Ross

1/2 the ingredients.  
This is a weekly staple in our house adapted from a family recipe that wasn't as paleo friendly.  It's delicious and so easy in the crock pot or on the stove top;  plus it heats up well for lunches or a snack.

3 chicken breasts, shredded
1 yellow onion, diced
1 packet taco seasoning (or 1/4 tsp of this recipe)
16 oz chicken broth
1 jar salsa
28 oz can diced tomatoes
14 oz can diced and fire roasted tomatoes
Salt to taste


get in my tummy
I throw all the ingredients together in the Crockpot for 6 hours on high.  You could also do this stove top adding all the ingredients, bringing to a boil then reducing to a simmer for 30 ish minutes-just make sure your onions are translucent before serving.  I shred the chicken in the food processor pulsing it until it's the right consistency-be careful, it's easy to overdo.  Since I already have it out, I chop the onions in the food processor as well.

It is to.die.for delicious topped with some avocado.  You're gonna thank me for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers