Monday, December 5, 2011

Before & After: Tommy Trudnak. No More Denial, Just Dedication


I was like most couch potatoes, only I thought I was in pretty good shape - until July 2011 when I was enjoying a beautiful day out with my family after a family reunion. My wife was taking photos of us and I was laughing and having a blast. We went home and everyone was anxious to see the pictures of us having fun so I down loaded them.

I saw the picture of myself and thought, "Who is that?" I was in complete denial, thinking I looked and felt good.

My cousin Mike had been telling me about this boot camp he was going to and how great it was. He had said I needed to come, but like most people, I was full of fear - all I thought of was some huge guy screaming in my face telling me to quit crying and move. But I was so ready for a change so I went.

It was so not what I thought; the instructors were so encouraging and helpful. It was great - not easy, but really rewarding after every little accomplishment like holding a push-up plank or running a mile. I felt so much pride.

I was two weeks in when I got injured. After seeing the doctor, he told me I would need to take time off to heal. I was so mad because I worked so hard and now I would have to start over. I went to Dena (Cyr - OBC North Georgia Owner) and told her the news. She was so great. She said I could come back when I was healthy. I promised her I would stay on the food plan and I did. I lost 10 pounds while healing.

I came back stronger and more determined then ever. I worked hard every day, and although it was not easy, I did it with the help of all the instructors. At the end of my months in camp, I lost a total of 25 pounds and many notches off my belt.

I now help instruct new campers to achieve their goals! So come work out with me at Hoschton Park - we work hard and you will love it. Results start when you make the commitment. Hope to see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers