Monday, April 2, 2012

Cauliflower Rice

I promise I'm not crazy or even cray cray.  Cauliflower rice is good and a good substitute/base for all sorts of meals that call for rice.  Lately I've been topping cauliflower rice with a curry, coconut milk and salmon   mix I make.
I eat paleo about 80% of the time; I don't eat grains, like rice.  So the CR is a great way to be able to eat those meals that beckon my taste buds for a rice base.  I've even been thinking about figuring out how to make is more grits tasting.  Now it doesn't taste so much like rice as serve for a substitute.  If you're a rice lover (hi mom!) this isn't going to satisfy.  If you crave the consistency of a grain and need a base for a soupier item you're welcome.

How I make it:

  • I saute an onion in a little butter, olive oil or coconut oil until translucent
  • while that's happening I cut the cauliflower head into manageable pieces and throw it in the food processor.  I pulse until it looks like rice or couscous
  • then, I transfer the cauliflower into the pan with the onions and add a little chicken broth.  I make sure the onion and the cauliflower is well mixed.  
  • Cover and let the cauliflower steam.  Usually, about 10 minutes.  


Put some salt and peppa on that stuff and put it in yo belly!  Try mixing all kinds of spices and share what you come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers