Friday, April 2, 2010

Camper P.O.V.


Welcome to our first installment of our Camper P.O.V. series.  We'll be following a camper's journey through one of our many locations.  Check back weekly for updates on their goals, successes and challenges.  

Week 1: Back in the Saddle

I decided it was time to join Boot Camp. A friend through work had done the program for a month and dropped his mile time by an impressive amount, in just one month. I was interested. This was April of 2008, fast-forward two years, and here I still am. A Boot Camp addict, loving every minute.

I'm a Vet, yes, a Vet who planned to do just one month of Boot Camp to kick-start my boring gym treadmill routine. It has been a life changing experience for me and I can say absolutely it is the best workout / nutrition, overall healthy lifestyle program I have experienced. I'm faster & stronger, eat better and have become quite the morning person.

So, here I am two years later with a refocused goal in April 2010. I am getting married in a mere two months and have a wedding dress to fit into (and look great in), so here I am recommitting myself to a strict "First Time Camper" month this April. Attending every workout, following the food plan - no sugar, no alcohol, doing encouragement and doing my homework.

Here we are in Week 1, at Chastain Park, 6:00 AM camp. We have a huge camp this month, and a lot of returning Vets that haven't been back in awhile, our park is very much like a family! There is a great energy about our camp this month.

Our PT & workouts this week have been tough for a Week 1 schedule. I can only imagine what the first-time campers are feeling!  At Chastain, we've deemed this "Ab April" which is a much-needed focus with bathing suit season and a wedding coming up! The workouts have been high-cardio and strength, with a lot of focus on strengthening the core. I can definitely say I have come away each day feeling great, with a focus to push myself every minute of the workout.

Sticking to the food plan has been good one week in. Accomplished my goal this week of no sugar or alcohol, and I'm proud to say my six-meals each day have been absolutely by-the-book. I'm amazed at the little things I was eating each day that really added up (coffees, snacking ,etc) and that I'm not really missing them. I decided to cut down significantly on my caffeine intake this month as well, but notice I still need to focus on drinking more water! It helps me to keep track of my water in my "red book" too. My other food "fail" this week was the need for more veggies in my diet. I am lucky because I love vegetables - just need to make it easier & more accessible for me to include them in my meals.

So in this Week 1, I will share with you my PT results and my goals for the month as I get ready to get in wedding dress shape!

PT Test Results
Mile  - 8:13
Sit Ups - 39
Push Ups - 54
Dips - 52

Goals:
- Perfect attendance
- Weekend homework
- Stick to a strict red book plan all month
- Drink more water
- Drink less caffeine
- Decrease my mile time to 7:30
- Fit into my wedding dress!!

Ashley is a camper at OBC's Chastain Park location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers