Friday, April 23, 2010

Camper P.O.V.

Welcome to our Camper P.O.V. series.  We'll be following a camper's journey through one of our many locations.  Check back weekly for updates on their goals, successes and challenges.  

Week 4: All in a Month!

The month of April has come to an end, another month of boot camp comes to a close. 
This morning brought a great feeling of accomplishment as I reflect back on the goals I set out to reach this month. After weeks of running, sweating and having my "comfort zone" be pushed beyond belief, this month of boot camp is over but my healthy habits have just begun!

My PT test this morning was a great end to the month and I am excited to say that I knocked :26 seconds off my mile time with a finish time of 7:47! While in relative terms :26 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, in these terms it is such a great feeling of accomplishment. I look and feel stronger, leaner and have a renewed confidence that I can pretty much do anything I set my mind to (including run up some steep, steep hills!)

My nutrition goals also got me to a great new point in eating - where I am refocused on healthy eating. Last weekend I planted a vegetable garden in the back yard, I've decreased my caffeine intake by 2/3 what I was drinking before and dropped the bad choices that I didn't really realize I was making. I can definitely tell a difference in my metabolism by eating smaller portions more often.
You can take a peek at my benchmarks & goals below, as I look forward to setting new goals next month.

I am happy to report that Spring is here, Chastain Park is lovelier than ever and I've made 20 or so new friends in the process of getting in shape. Oh, and my dress fitting yesterday made it all worthwhile - a perfect fit as I'm t-minus one month til my wedding. So glad Operation Boot Camp was there to help me reach this goal!

Goals:
- Perfect attendance (Nearly perfect, excluding some work interference, but did homework on my own those days)
- Weekend homework (Still need to work on & schedule into my days off of BC)
- Stick to a strict red book plan all month (YES! Had a few mishaps + a bachelorette party in the mix, but all-in-all success)
- Drink more water (Still need to focus on, but have increased)
- Drink less caffeine (Decreased by 2/3)
- Decrease my mile time to 7:30 (Mile  from 8:13 to 7:47)
- Fit into my wedding dress!! (Success!)



Ashley is a camper at OBC's Chastain Park location.  She loves boot camp, her dog Kona, and her awesome fiancé Shane.

From The Official Operation Boot Camp Blog

2 comments:

  1. I have been keeping up with the OBC POV series. I like it. I like hearing how other campers like myself really challenge themselves for more. I hope you track other campers from each OBC location to see how it is to do OBC in all different types of weather!

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Your time on the mile is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers