Friday, April 9, 2010

Camper P.O.V.

Welcome to our Camper P.O.V. series.  We'll be following a camper's journey through one of our many locations.  Check back weekly for updates on their goals, successes and challenges.  
Week 2: Half Way There

It's Week 2 of Operation Boot Camp at Chastain Park and the mornings have been fabulously warm (thanks Spring!) which has been such a wonderful change.

I am already seeing some fabulous results, with the big increase in my cardio workouts and the targeted strength exercises we've been doing - haven't lost much weight but of course don't care because I am seeing the results all over. It was good timing, as I had a fitting for my wedding dress on Tuesday!

This week has been a revolutionary one for me. We have such a wonderful mix and large group of campers this month - and the thing that has truly motivated & inspired me this week is the campers around me. Some are younger, some older; some in better shape, some not; some faster, some slower; some who are out here after facing life changing circumstances and getting back in the swing of things; and some with fabulously inspirational goals. I am surprised at how motivating the campers around me have been, though I shouldn't be, and at how much extra push I've been able to give this week by paying attention to them. It has allowed me to push myself harder and keep focused on what my goals are, and what I can accomplish. So THANKS to all my fellow campers!

This week I was able to squeeze in an extra run one night after work (thank goodness for the AM camp!) on top of my AM workouts, and Thursday of camp was the most intense workout I've done in as long as I can remember. At the end I was really felt that I had given all I could - and that was a great feeling at 7AM!

My meal plan has been so impressive - I thought this would be one of the hardest things for me to really stick to so I am very pleased that I have been able to completely eliminate my sugar intake, reduce my caffeine intake considerably, and focused this week on adding in more veggies to my diet.  I am still not getting enough water, so that will be another big focus as I go into Week 3. I saw a fellow camper at the Publix this week while grocery shopping and it was a great feeling to have all "red book approved" foods in my cart ... not the case a month ago!

Thanks again to all my fellow campers for continuing to push & inspire me this week. It's been a great one and I'm hopeful as we go into the weekend that my motivation (and will power) will stay strong!


Ashley is a camper at OBC's Chastain Park location.  She loves boot camp, her dog Kona, and her awesome fiance Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers