Friday, April 16, 2010

Camper P.O.V.

Week 3: Forgetting Bad Habits

Welcome to our Camper P.O.V. series.  We'll be following a camper's journey through one of our many locations.  Check back weekly for updates on their goals, successes and challenges.  


It's Week 3 for me as a boot camper and I can't believe I only have one week left of the program this month.

Last weekend was tough for me as I was in town, celebrating birthdays and going to events, so sticking to the nutrition plan was much harder than my normal structured work day meal plan. Preparation and knowing the difference between what's good and not good for you makes a huge difference for me. It continues to amaze me what a difference small changes, small decisions can make.

Making the decision to not hit snooze on your alarm clock and get out there to workout every morning - "mind over mattress" as they say. Taking a few minutes in the morning to prepare my healthy snacks and pack my lunch so I'm prepared to succeed for the day. Skipping the Starbucks drive-thru, or asking to have my salad dressing put on the side instead of covering my meal in extra calories. Grabbing a bottle of water instead of a Diet Coke, taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

All these little things, that over the course of a day, a week, a month have added up to a life-changing experience in the long run.

In Week 3, I can absolutely say I can see a difference in the way I look and feel. There is a noticeable difference to me in the amount of energy and drive I have during the workouts. I am faster, more determined and better able to push up those serious hills we have at Chastain Park. My oh-so-present sweet tooth has nearly diminished - it's amazing what a lack of sugar will do to you. While before I craved ice cream, I now look forward just as much to my sugar-free pudding cup after dinner.

I think it was Kate Moss who was quoted as saying "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" - but I'd put a boot camp spin on it to say, nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. Fingers crossed as we jump head first into Week 4!

Ashley is a camper at OBC's Chastain Park location.  She loves boot camp, her dog Kona, and her awesome fiance Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers