Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Earn It!

So when I am having one of those days when I want to treat myself, I ask 'did I earn it today?'  What I mean is did I workout, do something active, eat well all day, etc.  I have to earn the treat or the treat becomes a habit and we end up sabotaging ourselves.  To further my point, the idea of rewarding yourself if you have done something good like workout is a great idea, but if you reward yourself with food, beverage or something that is counter productive to what you just did it is really a pointless reward.  Maybe we pat ourselves on the back too much...maybe we need to be less praising of ourselves and just realize that some days we are average.  By average I mean, we went to work, we walked the dog, we took out the trash and we worked out.  Some days do not call for a champagne toast when a 'good job' will do.  I am merely saying that giving ourselves more credit than we deserve can leads us down a path of chocolate, beer, french fries, etc.  We have to be a little hard on ourselves, if we do not do it no one else will.  We have to hold ourselves to a higher standard and be a little strict.  I am not saying to beat yourself up, I am encouraging you to uphold the promises you have made to yourself!  I am advocating that if you do treat yourself , make sure you have earned it and done something extraordinary!

Remember:  A treat is something you do once in a while, a habit is something you do everyday.  Do not let your treats become habits!  



-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers