Monday, April 4, 2011

Cauliflower, Carrot & Parsnips Puree

Here's a great substitute for mash potatoes those who are carb sensitive or just want a new way to prepare these veggies from the beautiful food website Nom Nom Paleo.  




Here’s what I gathered to make enough mash for 6 people:
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 lb parsnips, coarsely chopped
  • 2/3 lb carrots, coarsely chopped (slightly smaller than parsnips)
  • 1 1/2 lb cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
  • 4 green garlic stalks, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
I melted three tablespoons of butter in a large stock pot over medium heat and chopped up my veggies…


…and alliums.

I dumped the veggies, broth, and water into the pot and waited until it came to a boil.

I lowered the heat and simmered the covered pot for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables were mushy. I added salt, pepper, and the last tablespoon of butter and I pureed everything with my immersion blender.

1 comment:

  1. I have worked in too many nursing homes and served too many hospital meals to even consider eating this before my teeth fall out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers