Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Before & After: Tess Thomas


Get ready to be inspired!  
Tess Thomas is a camper from Operation Boot Camp's Chastain Park location who has gone from a size 16 to an 8.   

How many Operation Boot Camp’s have you participated in?

6 in 3 years

What's your story?

I took my health pretty seriously this past Summer.  After having 2 kids over the last 4 years, I always picked up more weight and had a hard time losing it all.  This summer I was committed to getting back into the weight when I met my husband. After completing 4 boot camps, I have now lost 30lbs, lost 14 inches body wide and dropped from a size 16 to a size 8!

My run time has improved by 2  minutes and my flexibility and agility are at the best state it has ever been.  My cholesterol also dropped by 60 points!   Additionally, I have noted that I sleep better at night.  

For me waking up early to exercise is the BEST thing.  By 7am I am sweating and done with my exercise requirement for the day.  There is no chance  to make excuses after work to skip workouts.  

Lastly, through changing my eating habits ie, smaller meals every few hours, I have  eliminated  night time cravings. I feel fuller longer.

What is your favorite part of Operation Boot Camp?

The fact that it is always something new every day.  I like the surprise of not knowing.  I also think the instructors and the fellow campers are encouraging and nice.

1 comment:

Followers